Recently I got the opportunity from BzzAgent to try out the DYMO LabelManager® 260P. Anyone that knows me knows that I absolutely adore office supplies. So I jumped on the opportunity without a single second of hesitation.
I’ve used label makers in the past; matter of fact I have a Brother P-Touch sitting next to me. But what stood out about the DYMO LabelManager was the rechargeable battery and the sleek handheld design.
I will admit that this little sucker has a ton of functions, some that I won’t ever probably find the need to touch upon. But what is so great is that they are there should you need them.
Some key highlights:
- Powered by a lithium-ion battery
- Large 1.18″ x 2.36″ screen displays two lines of label text
- Graphical display lets you see text effects on screen before you print. This means no more guessing what the label will look like. What you see is what you get!
- Customize labels and add emphasis by choosing from 3 fonts, 6 font sizes, one of the many styles, and one of 8 different box styles or underline
- Work faster with an improved user interface that displays all menu options onscreen without scrolling, and includes intuitive icons for formatting options
Aside from the design and battery, the other feature that I now can’t live without is the display. You really do see what you’re going to get. And if you’ve got a particularly long label going, one press of the preview button shows you what you will get via scroll.
While I will be using my label maker for labels here and there, for those of you who will be using one for every day uses, there is an option to save your most frequent ones (up to 9 of them). I know that will come in handy for some people.